Dec 12, 2006

Nan Kempner: American Chic @ The Met

Amazing things are going on all over this blog and others that I am associated with. Although See Pretty Things has many posts on there, I can never be without Kitten Couture Blog for too long, it's the original and what lead the way to all the things that I write about. In that vein, when you think about classics and what leads the way, I have amazing pictures from the Nan Kempner: American Chic event at the Met that were taken and attended by Julie of Coutorture! I love being apart of this network to either be apart of fun events such as Lucky Shops (had fun bulking up my closets at a discounted price) or simply getting great footage of an event.

At this event, there were a variety of pieces exhibited that reflected many of our classic designers and I must say that it's breathtaking and I would have loved to see this in person during this event! For more pictures, take a click on the title link to see more items!








This amazing piece by Valentino is absolutely stunning and gives "lady in red" an entirely new meaning. Although in my normal day to day activities I would be a tad overdressed in this ensemble, we all could imagine wearing something like this to a special launch or fabulous gala.







This YSL dress reminds me of something that is geisha related. I love learning about these women and something I learned was that in Japanese culture, they felt that seeing the lower arm pouring tea or seeing their neck area was something of a sensual element. I think that this idea relates to this dress. I love that it is a sweeping dress and that this neck detail is delicate and yet very sexy.







I love the idea behind this outfit. I love the dress and the sheer cape. Another fabulous YSL ensemble and the color is so rich that anyone would look regal wearing this. Seeing these pieces and the statements that they make inspires you as you design. I think regardless of what we design or purchase, we want to wear something that makes a statement about what we are or where we are going. This exhibit has so many of these looks that it's fun to take a few moments and check it out!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Editor ~ See Pretty Things
NY Editor ~ Pubcrawlin

No comments: