Jan 16, 2007

The Golden Globes - What a Treat

For those of you that are avid readers of my other blog, See Pretty Things, you know that I have recently attended the Accessories Show which is a kick off of sorts for a variety of fashion! I attended the trade shows and next month, I will not only revisit more shows but will be at Fashion Week in NYC. With that said, this is also the season of glamor that can only be provided within its full glory at awards shows such as the Golden Globes. As a rule, I am not a fan of awards shows and tend to watch E! to see the Red Carpet and who attended the after parties; however, tonight I was enthralled in actually seeing the show and saw some highlights courtesy of Yahoo! I have some highlights that I thought I would share and hopefully as more pictures become available I can include more.

This year's red carpet did seem to be a return to the goddess look. Every one had something of the ultra feminine with flowing outfits that really made them take on their own version of what it meant to go out to a glam affair (as opposed to some occasions where people seem to miss the mark and wear outfits that don't seem to fit the event)







Like everyone else, I am a fan of the cast of Grey's Anatomy. I love the show and am pleased to see the ladies of the hospital that we have all come to love definitely took the time to dress the part! I was equally as pleased when I saw the writer on the stage, I loved her black and white dress and thought that this was a nice departure from the scrubs and relaxed outfits that we tend to see on the show.







My second cast favorite photo was for Ugly Betty. Although I do not watch this show regularly, when it is on - I am drawn to it! My favorite episode was the Halloween one. I happened to catch it on a night that I was prepping to go out and found out what everyone loved about this show. Once again, the cast looks fabulous and Vanessa and Selma definitely steal the show but everyone looks super glam!







My favorite awards for the night went to Helen Mirren for Best Actress in a TV Series (loved her in Elizabeth 1 on HBO) and for a drama (Queen). I have posted about Ms Mirren before and as I said previously, the article about her in W this past summer was amazing and after watching Elizabeth 1 I was convinced about the dynamic ability of this actress. I love this dress because it is such a blend of a great V cut in the front with a bit of sheering which is sexy without going over the top. At the same time, I love how the dress flows and has this peek a boo affect in the back which you saw when she accepted her awards. Of course, the color was fabulous and she looked nothing less than regal in this stunning dress.







Ms Lopez provided another favorite of the night with her Grecian black gown that had a few peek a boos with all its class in tact. I think it had just the right amount of shimmer to it while also having these sexy look and great movement as well. I love this style and think that she looked stunning.







The Lady in Red was definitely regal. I love that Mary chose this red dress and although she stuck out from the crowd, whoever the stylists were - they all made a note to stay within this super feminine theme that made each woman appear as if she were on a cloud (this is not to say that some people didn't get the memo and venture out on their own; however, those who ventured tended to miss the mark a bit). I love the boldness and the sweet subtlety as well.







Finally, Renee was not only the one that tried her hand at green! A few women embraced this color which is extremely rich looking. I am hoping to get a few pictures of the hints of green that ran through this event. Renee definitely made an interesting choice in selecting this color and it's nice to see that others picked up on this theme as well.

The Golden Globes is only a hint of what we can expect for future awards shows but it's nice to see that we are off to a great foot and we'll have tons of pictures to look at as more become available online.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Editor ~ See Pretty Things
NY Editor ~ Pubcrawlin

No comments: