Feb 8, 2005

New Effort ....

Ok,

So I am definitely making a new effort to write more frequently within this. It helps since I have a lot more going on and I welcome any comments that you guys may have out there. So the first huge thing is for those of you that may not be aware, I launched my fashion line Kitten, 'resort inspired activewear embellished with Swarovski Crystals for those who wish to run errands, brunch with the girls and to go out on a night on the town'. I did this in a big way by producing and hosting the Kitten & Co Fashion Show and Kitten After Party on 09.14.04 @ Azaza during Fashion Week in NYC. It was amazing to see people from all over the music industry attending the event and spreading the love!

The thing about doing a major event is that after all the planning you feel like at the conclusion you are at a loss for what to do next. I followed up my event with a breast cancer event 'Fight for Pink' @ Mission in Oct, that showcased my line and had amazing musical talent from Universal Records (and yes I organized this event as well).

So this kind of brings me to currently what I am up to ... Kitten will be featured in the 'Fete de L'Amour' Fashion Show at Monmouth University in NJ later on this month. This is awesome because I will be showing Kitten with many new items such as the Diva Collection and also handbags which is something very new for me.

In March I will be providing a set entitled 'Adored by Kitten' for the Israel Humanitarian Foundation which is a Spring Fashion Show that will be held at Avalon in NYC! My items will share the same space as Isaac Mizrahi, Marc Jacobs and more on the runway which is very big for an indie designer!

Of course as my news continues to grow, I have signed on for a Fashion Trunk Show in Philly in May that will allow me to increase my base outside of the city! Once again huge and I'm super siked about this. So that's the new info regarding Kitten.

Over the past few months, people wondered where they could hang out with me and now I have a home of sorts at the Big Six every Fri night from 8:00pm - 11:00pm on 97 Bowery. This is intended as a networking event for those that wish to meet other people in the city and since I am the hostess, I encourage people that are models, designers and photographers and more to come out because it's a great way to meet others in your industry. Also, I am in the process of organizing my photo shoot for new items coming out and although I love posting on Craigslist, I would love to meet you guys in person to put the name, face and personality together. Speaking of that, I did obtain a spokesmodel for 2005, Dorian a fellow model and singer/songwriter who will be in Lucky Magazine later this year and a lot of you will get to know her as well.

On the personal front, I am still modeling here and there and have done some TV stuff which was fun and as the months go on, I can't wait to let you in on somethings that are in the works. Until then, I encourage you guys to continue to visit my site, sign up for the newsletters and I just obtained a new address book online which I think will be really nice to keep info for those designers and models that are interested! If you have a question, let me know and send some love my way too.

Much Love

Kimmie
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
Founder & Designer SDG~Kitten
http://www.sikara.com/kitten.html

No comments: