Apr 17, 2006

Much Love for Tunics!


Hiya,

So the serious business of summer has begun. Yes we have just started Spring but I am going to Miami tomorrow. This means that there will be a bit of a hiatus on the postings (although I will be connected to my sidekick and I may be able to send something over the next few days. So as I did last minute errands, I thought about a lot of the items that we will all be wearing this season (even though a few of the pieces made a strong debut last summer) - the tunic. Now some people call them caftans but I love them. They can be dressed up, made to be casual and anything in between.

There are a few stores that are carrying some cute ones - but two in the city are my favorites. First, Banana Republic has a cute Moroccan style tunic in white with navy trim (including a belt) that is about $70. I would say that it is available at most locations and it can be worn with a pair of white pants, jeans, over a bathing suit etc. It has a great crisp look.

The second store is actually on St Marks off of 2nd Ave in a Ukranian store. These tunics are handmade and absolutely gorgeous. In addition, you can buy the trims that are from the Ukrain to further embellish your tunic (I suppose) or to add to something else that you have. Seeing that my boyfriend is of Ukranian descent, I was introduced to this store which has many great finds that are also handmade and has historical/cultural ties to the Ukraine. These tunics are in the $125 range (totally worth it) and although the bodies are white, the trims come in lilac, red, navy, yellow and more. Definately take the opportunity to visit Surma (it's right near Mc Sorley's [one of the oldest bars in NYC and known for having 2 beers at a time]).

So today's pick goes to 'Lotta Stenson's' seafoam silver-sequined Indian Kurta, which can be found on iShop Blush.com. Although I don't have a tunic like this today, I love the style and you can get it for under $50 (which is a steal compared to its original price at $163. I will definately look for great looks that people are sporting in Miami and have them for you guys later on this week OR when I come back next week. Have a great week guys and if you have fashion questions let me know - I'm here to help you out!

Much Love

Kimmie
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: