May 13, 2006

Eeeeeee!

Ok so you know when you read comic strips, the characters get frustrated and say "Aargh"? I've never been an "Aargh" type of girl but sometimes you can yelp out a high pitched squeal every now and then. So at this moment I felt compelled to relieve some stress and just share a few thoughts that were on my mind. Why is it that seems when you are prepared to take on a task, that more pop up with equal importance? I'm on that brink where you know a lot of great things are going to happen, but it's going to take a lot of work and it will happen all at one time.



On one side, I am quickly becoming a true home owner. Soon I will be knee deep in cosmetic changes, a little gutting and buying new furniture and appliances that I previously didn't have a need for. I love this idea because being someone that has always been visually inclined, this will be my first serious attempt at enhancing a blank canvas and living within my own art (could be scary but at least I can make changes if I don't like it - although I won't have a lot of time). I am also eager to take on components like having a yard, porch and all the little things that were taken for granted when I lived in Indiana (having a little green between my toes for the summer will be nice). Did I mention that throughout the entire vacation with my adorable boyfriend, that I seemed to be salivating over every home decor magazine?? In about a month or so I should be moved in - which allows for more room for me, my loves (clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc) and my baby love Kitten Couture. Am I freaked at all these additions and room for it ... nah.



Baby love - Kitten Couture. This is a hungry baby that needs lots of time for creation and agonizing over which pieces can go forward (if you though packing for a vacation for the beach was hard, try thinking about what the new collection will be like and if the niche markets will like it), needs lots of attention (how many shoots can I get it in and press will write about it) and it simply needs a lot of direction (where I want Kitten Couture to go and what branding is appropriate for it). I have events in the works that are being finalized which makes her fall re-entry all the more exciting but the time seems to be slipping between my fingers!! It's an amazing feeling to take on something bigger than yourself and to create something out of nothing but on the same side, it's the perception of the creation and everything that comes from its showing. Right now if you don't have plans for October, how about attending Shecky's Girl's Night Out! This will be a great shopping event and of course you will get to see Kitten Couture with its new collections, jewelry and more (yes the new jewelry will be posted on the site very soon).



What else is out there? Ah - turning the big 2-7! How could I forget about that gem? I'm actually excited about this one. I think I want to have a sizeable bash. I want to get all the friends that I have acquired throughout the years including recent friends that have helped me with this line and just been there to hear me ask questions and more.



Of course there are many other little things that make me wonder about my direction. I think it's funny how just choosing one option creates a series of scenarios that would have never had to be looked at. At the same time you balance between the reality that exists now and the one that is fast in coming but still needs some elbow grease. Today I have been working between getting prepared with the business side and not procastinating. So of course I began to read blogs from who else but those in the beauty and fashion industries. I was amazed at how everyone has gone about building their dreams and how they have advanced. I also learned how a step forward sometimes seemed like a step back until opportunity knocked and brought them to a better place. Right now I feel like this is a fashion show. It was always exciting when you got to the venue and were prepped with hair and make-up. There was a little anxiety but, you knew showtime was coming. But then when you were in the wings and waiting to be called up and all lights were meant to be on you, you had that limbo feeling where you weren't sure if everything was just right and you wondered if everything would be fluid once you hit the catwalk.



As I stand on the catwalk waiting for the first step (it's alwaus the semi scariest one but you will yourself forward), I think about how much I have learned and what else I will learn and hope that I meet more in the community that will either directly or unknowingly share a "kernel of truth" that will drive me closer to the eventual goal (that's still crystalizing). Any thoughts out there? I do love the emails, comments and questions. I love hearing from other aspiring/up and coming designers, etc who feel that I have something to share with them to make them more steadfast for the journey. Keep it coming and keep the well wishing thoughts coming. Soon I can post some new jewelry pieces that will be available on Kitten Couture. Of course the line will be as well but it will not be made public unitl later this year (which sucks but know that it is fabulous and that you will definately find something that you will swear up and down that was made with you in mind!). Thanks so much for reading this "moment" and I look forward to seeing you guys at the upcoming events!

Much Love

Kimmie
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: