May 7, 2006

Tea For Two Minus One!





We lead hectic lives and even when we vow to restrict our activities, they increase! In this effort we strive to take a little "me time" to find our centers so to speak. Sometimes we pamper ourselves with mani and pedis, have drinks with friends or sit on our balconies and watch the world below. My new thrill is to go to tea houses. I have two faves for those that are in NYC Teany and High Chai. Both are great places to relax and try some magnificent teas. For that instance, you feel like a million bucks and as if you have gotten a tad bit healthier! But what happens when you go home??

How about having your own tea set and to find some great blends to boot? I thought about this after reading Domino (great magazine from the publisher's of Lucky but it happens to be for the home). I saw that within the April issue, they had a segment on creating tea rooms. I thought that it was so cute that I wanted to turn my sunroom (remember I am still renovating a house) into my own tea room. I would love to have a few sets but I found one that would be perfect just for me when I want to enjoy a cup without anything else but cool breezes and silence.









Herb + Ginger has a super cute site that sells loose tea AND has some really cute sets. I have not tried these on my own, but in my effort to support those that are indie companies and presenting great products, I know that this will be something on my list. So as far as my "wishlist" would go - here are my pics. I am all about Asian Fusion and this set is perfect with a really crisp celeron (cute green) color. The 'Thé Vert Tea Mug' which is $11.95, reminds me of the cups that you would find at Japanese restaurants - very easy to handle sitting on a cute chaise. The little sugar bowl, Thé Vert Covered Sugar which retails for $19.95, has the same Asian look and is a perfect compliment to the mug and of course to the Thé Vert Teapot which is $49.95. These are great items to enhance your tea experience and after looking at the sites tea offerings, I would definately be interested in trying the Rooibos Teas. They are from South Africa and have antioxidants in them (very healthy) and the tea blends seem so refreshing. My choice (if I were purchasing them right now based on their names) Hawaiian Vacation, Island Fantasy or Queen's Caramel.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: