Nov 11, 2006

Chocolate Rocks the Runways

This weekend is probably one of the best weekends in NYC. I would put this up against last week's marathon (I have friends who have pics of Lance Armstrong in the race) and of course with Thanksgiving around the corner, we have the parade of all parades; however, the second weekend in November has quickly become synanomous with Chocolate. The Chocolate Show began on the 9th with an amazing fashion show and continues with tastings and bits of education on the finer points of chocolate. In fact, on my other blog I posted about Sweet Bliss who is a vendor at this show. Owner Ilene was the personal chef to Ralph Laruen and is known for making her 'Pumps and Purse' collection. Anyway, what I love about this show is the runway. I love the idea of incorporating design and chocolate. Every year the outfits become even more amazing.





I love the concept of a female Mad Hatter with this European look. I can only imagine how heavy that hat must have felt.





The kimono look has always been an elegant look and in the past few months, much like the tunic, it has completely invaded our fashion senses. I love this robe (yes made of chocolate) and the fan is perfect!





Ah a little old world elegance. I'm so loving the parasol and the Victorian elements of this outfit.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Editor ~ See Pretty Things
NY Editor ~ Pubcrawlin

No comments: