Jun 22, 2006

Scary but True!!

Woo,

Ok I have a semi scary story - what do you do when you find that your iPod is slowly sabotaging itself (and ultimately you) when I opts to not play your songs? I must admit that after purchasing Sophie (you see my jewelry and you know I love to name things, so why not my pink iPod) last July I knew that this was a friendship that would last! Sophie and I could rock out to my favorite songs and no matter how "uncool" some of them may be (huge fan of Aqua's 'Barbie Girl') she would always keep my music safe. This little pact seemed to be interrupted earlier this year when Jay Z's 'Aint No Love' and The Eagles 'Hotel California' started skipping right past the screen. I mean, a lot of my songs started to slowly make an escape; however, I could still see them and play them through my library in iTunes. For an entire month I attempted to email through iTunes support center and it seemed that no one had ever heard of this phenomenon. Sophie and I were on a break of a sort but I didn't even know what had went wrong or how I could fix it. I remembered someone telling me about rebooting her but it seemed so scary and somehow I couldn't install the software.

Slowly but surely, I got used to seeing my phantom songs skipping by and resigned myself to enjoying them through iTunes - it's not like any other songs started leaving. Then a couple of days ago, more songs disappeared and this was when I realized that I had to take the controls back to bring back my music! Finally, I googled around and found that other people had this problem and that somehow I would need to figure out how to run the software. Long story short, I restored the factory settings via the software as a means to clear the memory and then had to put back the songs/podcasts through iTunes. This is a long story to say that it's super important to back up and try to use as many communities that you can to get your music back on track. How many other people are having issues with their iPods and continue to suffer from not knowing what's wrong or how to fix it. This has been an ongoing problem where I finally came to learn how to get Sophie up and running - completely rambling but essential to enthusiasts!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: