Jul 10, 2006

Fashion Week in NYC Around The Corner



I don't know who it was that turned me on to Gettys Images but whichever Blogger it was, THANK YOU. I love the idea of being able to see pictures all over the world and if I am interested in learning the backstory I just google the event and can read about what happened! I say this to say that today I was able to look at the images of Fashion Week in Paris! I didn't realize that it was going on (time is seriously getting away from me) but I love the idea of seeing runway pieces (even those that you know you wouldn't normally see outside) and how it becomes realway or simply fantasy!

Growing up I used to flip through Vogue right alongside my Cat in the Hat book! I loved seeing these creations and wondered what it would be like to have such a gift. Now I can see how it is through my own designs and it's such an amazing feeling to do a show that you may have spent a year on just to end in 20 - 30 mins. It's a rush and totally worth all the mulling and issues that come with it. If you would love to see the masters at work, check out Getty Images and look at Armani, Dior and more work their stuff on the runway and of course see their pics behind the stage as well!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: