Jul 13, 2006

A Sun Accessory?



Can it be this hot? Ok a few months ago I was all about warm but in NYC there is no way that people can enjoy a nice transition, it's either pretty cold, hot or something odd in between. For us, a transition occurs about a day or so. You have a perfect day and then you have the swing of tremendous weather conditions. Right now we are experiencing heat with a cloudy day or heat with the sun. After hanging out with my boyfriend last night he made a suggestion of something that I should post about - the parasol. I thought that it was a decent idea but in the process of writing this now, it's genius!!!



A few weeks ago (another day with my boyfriend and I being out and about), we had the pleasure of sharing our table with a couple. One of the women carried a fan - not the Brookstone kind that's motorized but the one that ladies from long ago would fan themselves with. It made me wish that in my rather large bag of "must carry" items that I would have a fan. At least it creates a great image and it would make me feel a lot better.



So, with the fan being something that I would definately wish to embrace, it stands to reason that a parasol is not only a great accessory but another way of bringing back that old age elegance into something new. Parasols could be the lacy kind that screams the Victorian age OR you could opt for the ones that looks like what they stick in your daiquiris! I opt for the cool paper kind and they can even help in not only keeping the sun off you but with UV protection included - this is worth carrying around. My boyfriend claims that this will be a trend that we will see in NYC (I have read a lot of blogs in other areas of the world that this has been quite popular). I think if anything I could see it popping up in the village. Hopefully, I will be able to be a part of this trend and can share some pics of this!



***UPDATE***



So this week (this would be on 07.19.2006), I was walking around on a cloudy day in NYC (although instantly it started becoming sunny and amazing) and my boyfriend and I were in the Village. As I had posted earlier on the original post, he came up with the idea for me to assist in bringing the sun parasol to dominance. Well we walked into this shop and they had sun parasols and fans. I wasn't amazed by the parasols but I thought the fans were too cute. I definately felt like one of those ladies from back in the day - cooling myself off with my ornate fan. Noe my fan (courtesy of my cuddlebear) was only $6 - nominal for the idea of being able to push air around; however, I am on a serious quest to get an AMAZING fan. More and more I am seeing people with them and I would like to get a very stylish one. Either way, I'm loving my fan (not as great as my old Brookstone electrical fan - but way cuter) and if you go to the Village you are bound to find a cheap one that's stylish to hold you over until you meet THE ONE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: