Aug 8, 2006

Kitten Picks ... Besame Cosmetics - Vinatge Glamour at its Best




One of the best things about being in fashion is getting an opportunity to always try something new. One of the things that I LOVE about my blog is that I meet people within the industry and related areas! The other day I received an email from the good people of Besame Cosmetics! They wanted to know if I would be interested in trying their cosmetics out and then letting all of you know about it. Without even a second to think about it, I was definately on board. Who doesn't want to try amazing products and then dish on it later? This is even more interesting when you know that the product you're getting to try has been in Nylon, Glamour, Cosmo, Lucky and Vogue - just to name a few.


Before I even get into the items themselves, those of you who know me know that I am a TOTAL package kind of girl. I love makeup, getting things in the mail (bills - no, Domino Magazine - yes please) and just the idea of not knowing what you're going to get when you get something to review. Besame Cosmetics has amazing presentation. I believe I talked to their amazing rep late last week and I got my package early this week. When I opened the box (typical postage box), they had butter yellow colored packing shredded papers and this mini cinamon and cream floral bag - I was alredy blown away. The tissue paper was also within this theme. Once again, I am a total package kind of girl and I felt that Besame Cosmetics knew how to send their items in a very high class way and they are a vintage glamour.


So, I was given the opportunity to try Luxurious Trio. This box looks like a high end candy box and upon opening this, a card explains that their rouge and shadow cases are 1930 reproductions. It even explains how to open the individual makeup containers as well. This trio contains Boudoir Rouge, Dusting Powder and Enchanting Lipstick. This beautiful kit valued at $40 was simply amazing and very attractive. The Enchanting Lipstick shade was called Chocolate Kiss - I was pleased to find that it was very smooth in its application and although I generally do not wear lipstick, I am going to a wedding next month and I think that the shade is a perfect color that is noticeable but not so dominant that you feel it overtakes other makeup that you may be wearing.


I LOVE the Dusting Powder which is translucent. I wear this kind of powder when I go out; however, usually the containers are large. That's great for my vanity; however, when you're wearing a tiny bag - you can't just take it and apply it as needed later. In addition, I used to have the "wand brushes" that the powder was inside it. I thought that was a great idea until it broke in my purse - FRUSTRATING. I say all this to say that this powder comes in a small container that can be placed in our tiny purses and it has this thin puff pad that is functional, super cute and it fits inside the powder case. It was easy to put on and I love the subtle effect!


Finally, the rouge. I was a little apprehensive because I tend to use rouge that is in the bronze tones since I have a caramel complexion. The rouge's color was Sun Kissed so it was a pinkish tone that has a bit of bronze it and I loved it. Of course it had a tiny circular sponge applicator that was TOO cute. On the top, there is a satin fabric sewn to the sponge that is a cinnamon/merlot color and it has Besame on the top.


I also received a sample of Besame Cosmetics' Delightful Rose Moisturizing Lotion. I found this balancing moisturizer to be very light in its application. I love that it was very natural since it has botanical oils and rose extract. My skin definately looked like it had a great glow and I believe that it would be something that I would have no problem in including within my daily face regimen.


The Luxurious Trio was a fun product from presentation, application and just wearing it out and about. I went to lunch today and was in the bathroom and a woman next to me commented that she loved how cute it looked, asked me if I got my makeup from Bloomies or Sephora and said she loved how classic it looked. I did a little check and found that it is available in Henri Bendels! I think that her sentiments are definately right on. Take a look at Besame Cosmetics' website, the makeup is reasonably priced, it looks great when you pull it out of your bag and you'll still have room for everything else. As a designer, I love those companies that put thought into their products and the little details of Besame Cosmetics come through. I know that I will have more of these beautiful colors in my bag whether I am out lunching with the girls, attending an event for Kitten Couture and its next move or a night with my boyfrend. I would consider this for your next makeup purchase and I know for the upcoming holiday season that this site will be a source for friends presents!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: