Aug 26, 2006

Reach Out & ...

Today has been a great day! I love when you have a weekend where you can sit down in front of the computer and just let whatever you are thinking about, run from your fingers. I was reading some of my mail from people and one person asked me something to the extent of what do I get from blogging and using interactive platforms? It's a great question because in addition to this blog, I have Kitten Couture and of course I am always looking for the next website that will increase my hits. A blog is a seriously liberating tool to have. I love that I can provide my thoughts and ideas here and get feedback. Sometimes this feedback is not on comments that you guys may see; however, I get emails and love knowing what you guys are thinking of. Sometimes I wish that I had more time to be on here and to reach out but know that it means a lot to hear from you and when I have a few days that I can't be on here - I do feel guilty and want to run and jump on here just to interact :).

I must say that when I started the blog about a year or so ago, I didn't know what I wanted to talk about and the posts were infrequent but over the past few months, I believe that this is a success (I could never even keep a diary but here I am with over 77 posts which is amazing - plus I am now a contributing writer on Pop Culture Whore and one of the editors of Pubcrawlin').

We our living in a time where there are many ways to express ourselves and to make an income as well or simply to just get people who never knew you existed to finally say "wow someone out there has something going on". Through this blog, I have been able to try out products, learn more about other designers and have had advertisers approach me - which is insane. So I would say, start a blog, you may get your own syndicated column somewhere or be the next big thing. Online, you can go from Joe Who to Joe In the Know.

The power of blogging can be something that covers a smorgasboard of topics or one that is very specific and yet that could be the key to your success. Start slow and talk about something you are passionate about or are unsure about. Go to places like MySpace, Blue Dot, etc and let your ideas be known to generate traffic and then find people that will pay you to get a space on your blog such as Blogsvertise and then work on it. In terms of writing, sites such as Blogsvertise allow you to really strengthen your writing ability by being introduced to topics, products etc that you will be able to introduce to others. Who ever thought that you could sit in the comfort of your home and write about something and make a little extra cash as well. I would definately check this site out and of course work on the other areas mentioned above. In time you will find that you have more people browsing your site, opportunities to write for others and of course you can make a little something via advertising on the blog.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: