Sep 13, 2006

Kitten Finds ... MM Agency

I remember growing up watching reality shows and wishing I could be on the show. It wasn't until I went to college that I got to try my hand at getting into shows and realized that it kind of sucks standing in long lines hoping to be one of 7 characters that America will fall in love with or learn to hate! I love watching Project Runway and seeing that 3 of the models are friends of mine and you know what - much like the fashion business, everything is about the power of the connex. Although you could go to the open calls and get chosen, it's much easier when you're rep'd. I know that even for Kitten Couture, being rep'd by my showroom and being apart of key events assists me when I need to be apart of the fashion community. So this is a nice resource to have for that reality star who is on their way to fame and to hear that they were chosen to find out what happens when you put seven strangers in a house! MM Agency does casting for mtv real world and they seem to have quite a roster of people that have made it into a variety of episodes. What does reality TV have to do with fashion and why is it on this blog? Once again, the power of the connex. Some people go on a show and get 15 mins of fame. And then for the more discerning, there are those that branch off and use that quick celebrity to get their items into celeb hands and they become the next big thing. They may not be on the lips of mass America but they tap into those select markets and are able to promote their puppy, jewelry and hat lines. Sometimes if you want to get out there you have to think outside of the box!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: