Sep 15, 2006

The Times Are a Changin'

I have always been a fan of this song from Bob Dylan, The Times are a Changin'. I love how he talks about life moving regardless of how fast we move and that we have to keep pace. I have always felt that my birthday was a mile marker for me. In many ways, it kicks off the new year for me. It's Sept and it's odd but I always feel super motivated at this time of year. You're going into the fall, things slow down, you can focus on holiday and moving on your personal projects so that by the next Spring/Summer you can see how your hard work has materialized.

For myself, I am in a period of cleaning up. As you know, I am days away from taking my jewelry to the next level and at the same time - I am all about personal growth. This weekend, I will be online a lot working on these items and cleaning up random things that I don't need! I'm actually cleaning out my closets to make room for the impending move I will be doing and taking items out that I can't work into my day to day or random occassions. I am going to post quite a few things on Craigslist and I found a place that has Ebay free auction templates that hopefully will make my section of Ebay professional and I will see if my unwanted items will become someone else's biggest finds!

And I will make some final decisions on my living situation - argh too many decisions but they are necessary all the same! Looking for a place is like looking for a job - thank goodness for the Internet. It seems like I know all the sites by heart - NYC is such a huge place and there are so many options that you feel drained just by thinking about it. In the end, looking for an apartment that will simply be one small apartment after another is a little daunting but at least there is hope for a doorman hehe. These are times that you lived by the beach so at least you could have an amazing view and the winter wouldn't seem so long cooped up in a tiny department. Yes looking into South Beach or La Jolla real estate does seem to have its benefits at a time when the weather is changing and flip flops begin to fizzle out as sweaters become the coveted accessory .... sigh.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: