Sep 10, 2006

Rock Republic & Alex & Nicole

This is a great collection of designers that I decided could all be put together in one post to show the different ideas that hit the runway. Everyone has a different take on fashion and it all comes together on or near the tents.





Nicole Miller presented this past Friday. I love her clean lines. Of course, I love the resort nature of this outfit and I am always a fan of showing off the shoulders which is very sexy and casual at the same time.





I was not familiar with Alexandre Herchcovitch who was apart of the shows on Saturday but I am always happy to embrace a designer that is new to me. He's very colorful (a lot of his collection seemed to have primary colors) but I like to think that there are ways to work his colors into an outfit that may be a solid color. I think that his pieces are intended to stand out so you may have to work it a bit but I can only imagine how the pieces worked as far as being on the runway.





I was first introduced to Rock Republic a few months ago during a trade show that I worked last spring. During the Intermezzo, they were at a booth near me (I was modeling some items from BCBG's Noun line) and people were annoyed that their booth was so loud. I thought there items were interesting and I loved their jeans and rock star style. I am so glad to see more of their items and can't wait to see more of their pieces. They definately know how to have a good time. They unveiled their collection at Cipriani. The image above has a jacket that I just love. I love the sleeve, the detailing on it and how the jacket cuts back to reveal the shirt underneath. I would feel like a rockstar in this outfit.





Once again, if you want a little star quality, this line should be included because it has attitude and so many ways that you can wear it to tailor your mood of the moment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kimmie
CEO/Designer ~ Kitten Couture
Exec Producer & Hostess ~ Kitten Lounge
http://www.sikara.com

No comments: